Thursday, March 12, 2009

Today was Doctor day!

This is Baby A...the little girl who has the "weight of the world" on her shoulders (she's on the bottom and is holding up her brother and sister).


This is Baby B...the little boy and the one which Jade tends to favor (right now). He apparently has nothing better to do than to suck his thumb (the baby, not Jade).


And finally, we have Baby C...the other little girl; other pictures show that she seems to like to kick poor Baby A quite often.


















































Okay- so here's a long awaited update! We went to the doctor today. We had 2 appointments. The morning appointment was with the perinatologist. I had a very long, detailed ultrasound and all the babies looked GREAT! Amazingly enough- they all weighed the EXACT SAME! In the 10 plus years the kind ultrasound specialist had been doing these ultrasounds- that had never happened! They all weigh 12 oz and measured 1 week ahead of schedule! Lots and Lots of food and bedrest- makes for happy triplets!!! These belly photos are my belly today (20 weeks)! Yes, these are the last of my preggo eggo pants- and as you can tell- they probably won't fit come next week! I measured 30 weeks gestation by a singleton pregnancy.


Jade has one crib set up and has been getting the babies room set up- slowly but surely- poor guy- he's been EXTREMELY BUSY!!! And I'm not very helpful these days! Also, is a photo of my little upstairs kitchenette Jade has set up for me. I really don't go down stairs anymore. So, he's got me and the babies stocked up with all kinds of treats!

And no worries- the kittles are keeping me company- for the small price of a few kitty treats!

Hope all is well! The doctors were very upbeat and happy with how things are progressing! Just keep sending your prayers!!!


We have 4 weeks until the babies have reach viability (24weeks, but very high risk of very bad things happening with possible long term complications), 28 weeks is a great mark- they would still have lots of risk and potential problems, but the overall out look would be promising, 30 weeks- we are REALLY hoping and PRAYING to get there and past the 30 week mark (chance of long term complications is VERY LOW!) .... and of course ANYTHING past 30 weeks would just be SUPER, SUPER COOL! Best case - I can carry these babies for 34 weeks (that is when the doctor would evict them, no more room to grow). They would need very little time in the NICU at that point!!!


So, please send prayers!!!

3 comments:

D Oesterle said...

20 weeks...YAY! I can't believe there are three babies in that tummy!!! Keep your feet up and relax while you can! Love the pictures!

Marla said...

Looking good! Let me know if you need anything. I love to shop! Oh and I can come over and visit too =)

Jade said...

I wish you were closer so I could help out with something ... anything. Think a frozen dinner would make it to you in one piece through the mail? Didn't think so. You're definitely in my prayers. If anyone can keep those babies safe and protected for 34 weeks, it's my crazy, stubborn, ambitious friend Ginger.