Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hooray!!! 2lb babies!!!

We had a growth scan early this morning. Jade was able to come to the hospital for it. This was nice because it's the first time he's "seen" the babies since I've been here in the hospital (57 days and counting!).

It was all GREAT NEWS! Baby Atlas and B were 2lbs 13oz and Little girl C was 2lbs 12oz!!! The doctors were amazed and pleased with their consistent growth!
The perinatologist actually said they'd come see us again if we were still here in 4 weeks, but other than that he probably wouldn't see us again.... We are too healthy and don't need him! said Dr. A!

He also said if I can make it to 30 weeks, he'd have me get up and start walking a little to try and start building some muscle mass back. On a very interesting note, he said that my history of athletics/ exercise made it possible for me to carry these babies. That the exercise really prepared my blood vessels and heart for the demand of a supertwin pregnancy. That if I had not had that past- he did not think I would have been able to carry these babies as well or as long! Just another benefit of exercise!!! So, GO EXERCISE!!!

Dr K said we will push to 29 weeks (this sunday) and just keep pushing for everyday after that!

We just feel so blessed and taken care of by the Lord, the doctors, and our family and friends. We feel your prayers and we are grateful for them!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I have been checking in on you regularly via this blog and you, the babies and Jade have been in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry this is the first time I've communicated! Your progress and the babies progress has been such an amazing thing to watch and read about. It is going to be amazing all the love that those babies will bring into your home - I had no idea how hard I could fall in love with such a tiny little being and you will experience that x3!!!! Love, prayers and thoughts are sent your way. Stephanie (Shurts) Chan