Friday, July 3, 2009

4th of July Eve

Yesterday, we (reluctantly) started allowing the babies to have bottles (of breast milk). We greatly prefer avoiding bottles because babies often find them easier than nursing, and bottles can become an obstacle to "nature's way." However, our babies are doing so well; the only thing keeping them in the NICU is the feeding criterion. Thus, if we can transition them away from the nasal gavage (stomach tube) and get them to take all their nourishment through breast or bottle, then we can spring them from the joint!

Ella, Joel, and Grace all actually did really well with their bottles. They are all still gaining weight (Joel is 5 1/2 lbs and both his sisters are 5 lbs 2 oz). Ginger has taken to calling Joel her "Bouncing Baby B". He really is a sweet little boy. The girls make the cutest little squeaks as Jade gives them their bottles, and their daddy makes sure to repeatedly tell them how absolutely perfect they are.

Waldröschen Update

Mariano confronted Alfonzo and openly accused him of being an imposter. Dr. Sternau was present during that interchange and has aligned himself with the rightful heir to Rodriganda. The Count Emmanuel de Rodriganda (Mariano's father) has recently had his sight restored because of Dr. Sternau's medical skills, and Gasparino Cortejo is plotting with a criminal sea captain to have Mariano kidnapped and has also purchased some insidious poison...Joel is really worried that Gasparino may adminster the poison to Rosa and her father Count Emmanuel :o(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw--I'm glad they all did so well w/ their bottles! The best time for them to learn to drink from both is while they are young and I'm sure that in the future it'll come in handy that each of them knows how to drink from a bottle, just in case! :) Well, OK truthfully I'm just hoping maybe *I* could bottlefeed one of them while I'm home. hehehe
Love-Jenn