Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bundled in a heat wave!

The kids have had a great week! They painted and drew with markers for the first time! They still have multi-colored fingers as proof!
Today, the temperatures have dropped a little. So I filled the swimming pool up to let them play.

Ella loves to be bundled, tightly wrapped, cuddled. In spite of the heat- she still walks around the house wrapped in one of her many blankets. She'll wake up at night and squeak until she's properly wrapped up! I turned around and there was my little Ella- sitting in the middle of the swimming pool- wrapped up in a towel! All I could do was laugh! That little Ella!!!It has been terribly HOT here in Minnesota! We have broken and tied all kinds of weather records. I'm SO DONE with the heat! I will be starting my blizzard chants tonight! It was actually 119 degrees here (granted that was the heat index, but still!)! I miss Texas and all of my family, but I don't miss the heat for a second! And this latest heat wave just confirmed that! It has been the hottest summer since I've lived in Minnesota! I'm ready to get back into the 70's! I'm ready for SNOW!!! That's right, I said it and I meant it!

Grandma bought the kids 'buckets'- several days later and they are still a big hit!

No comments: