Friday, June 12, 2009

Two Weeks Old!

Here is Joel dressed in his monkey outfit. He was a sleepy boy today, but he has a LOT to boast about: today Joel nursed for the first time. The nurse was very surprised afterwards to find that he had successfully obtained 12 CCs of milk.

This is actually atypical for babies the age of ours, and is a very encouraging sign! We made sure to give him many compliments and much praise, and he was a very happy and contented boy.

Almost every picture we have of Ella looks like this one :o) She just really likes to snuggle. She is doing really good maintaining her temperature, and is now above the weight threshold for a transition to a crib. We are expecting this to occur very soon.

Grace says "hold me!"



In this picture, grandma (Jade's mother) complies with Gracie's request. It was an exciting occasion for the babies to meet their grandparents in a more face-to-face manner.

This photo shows grandpa (Jade's dad) having a deep conversation with Joel as grandma gets ready to record the moment for posterity. Grandpa is really excited to have three little ones so near :o)

Finally, we have Uncle Jess (Jade's brother) holding and cuddling Grace (Ella was asleep during the cuddle time and missed out). The nurses commented afterwards that they were impressed by Jess' very tender way with the babies.

3 comments:

Mama M. said...

So glad the babes are doing so well! And dang if it isn't feast or famine around FBC...I'm either mandated on call or working my buns off...MUST get down to see those babies before too long! Glad you enjoyed my post about Grandpa...sorry I made you hurt!!
Take care!
Missy A.

Anonymous said...

Hhhmm, who's missing in these pictures....
OH, that's right, it's ME! :(
Love you all,
Auntie Jenn

Unknown said...

I was so happy to see pictures! We think about you guys all the time. If I wasnt working so much I would come see you! But Im so excited that Ginger and I can be playdate moms now! This week our baby weighs 3 lbs 3 oz. and it was so fun to see pics of your babies about the same size and picture what our little guy looks like right now! check out our blog brettandheather.blogspot.com