Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Mama!


So this post is late! I blame that on the my three little snug bugs! Aug 8th was Mama Humphrey's birthday!

This is one amazing woman! I met the Humphrey's family when I was a sophomore in high school. With one swift push into a kitty pool.. we were instant family! Many of you know I lost my beautiful mother when I was five years old. You can never fill the void that comes from losing someone so significant, but what a WONDERFUL job Mama has done! She has loved me as her own for years. She has taught me, scolded me, and cared for me right along side Amanda and Christy... one would never know I wasn't really hers.

Mama is one of the most honest people I have ever met. She is incredibly hard working and very talented! I think back over my teenage years with a full heart. What a blessing she has been to me. She taught me how to drive a stick-shift. Just her and me in the jeep on an old dirt road... she never once complained about the whip-lash :) A few years later, I moved to Dallas. Early one morning I was in a car accident. I picked up the phone to call her- she anwsered the phone like this "Ginger are you okay?" I asked how she knew it was me and she said she had just had a dream that I was in a car accident. Yup, I told you she is AMAZING! She has provided endless comfort, reassurance, and love. She's provided encouragement and support on endless occasions. She has such a generous heart. Her love knows no boundaries. She is completely selfless- she will always put someone else's needs above her own and you'll never hear a complaint about it. She is beautiful in every way!

I love you very much Mama! I do hope you had a great birthday!

1 comment:

Mama M. said...

What a wonderful mama you have! I got goosebumps from reading this! Hope all is well with you, Jade and the three munchkins!